lunes, 9 de febrero de 2015

This water lives in Mombassa anyway.

-When you go on safari... are you ever with someone else?
-I'd be with you if I wanted to be with anyone.
-Do you ever get lonely?
-Sometimes
-Do you wonder if I am lonley?
-No, I don't.
-Do you think about me at all?
-Often.
-Well not enough to come back.
-I do come back. All the time. What is it?
-Nothing. Bror has asked me for divorce. He's found someone he wants to marry. I just thought we might do that some day.
-Divorce? How would a wedding change things?
-I would have someone of my own.
-No, you wouldn't.
-What's wrong with marriage anyway?
-Have you ever seen one you admire?
Yes, I have. Many.
-Well?
-The Belfields, for one.
-He sent her home for the rains in 1910. Didn't tell her they were over til 1913.
-It's not a joke. People marry. It's not revolutionary. There are some animals that mate for life.
-Geese?
-You know. You use the damn animals for your own arguments. You won't let me use them for mine.
-I'd mate for life. One day at a time.
-I would just like someone to ask me once. That's all. Promise to ask me and I promise to say no.
-Just trust you?
-When you go away, you don't always go on safari, do you?
-No.
-Just want to be away.
-Its not meant to hurt you.
-It does.
-Karen. I'm with you because I choose to be with you. I don't wanna live someone else's idea of how to live. Don't ask me to do that. I don't wanna find out  one day that I am at the end of someone else's life. I'm willing to pay for mine. To be alone sometimes. To die alone if I have to. I  think it''s fair.
-Not quite. You want me to pay for it as well.

-No, you have a choice. But you are not willing to do the same for me. I won't be closer to you. I won't love you more because of a piece of paper.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario